August 18th, 2009 by icki
Take pictures at shows? Have a 20 year old box of band photos? We wanna see them! Maximum Rocknroll is putting together a photo issue. Here’s how to be part of it…
Photo Submission Guidelines:
- Send up to 10 pictures.
- We accept digital files and prints.
- If you send prints and want them back, PLEASE PROVIDE A SASE!!! Otherwise prints will not be returned. Prints should be no larger than 8×10. Send all prints to MRR, ATTN: Photo Issue.
- Digital files should be 10” at the longest side, at 300dpi. Please only send JPGs or TIFFs. You can email the files to Mark Murrmann at the email address below. You may also send a CD/DVD of images to MRR, ATTN: Photo Issue.
- All photos should be in black & white. If you submit color photos, we will convert them to black & white.
- Bands in the photos should fall within MRR’s area of coverage.
- Please provide as much caption information as you can with the photos. At the very least we need: the name of the band (or who is in the photo), when it was taken, where (city, state, country) and who took it. Include this information in the IPTC fields of the photos, or on a separate piece of paper/word document.
Make sure to include an email address at which you can be contacted, and a street address so we can send a copy of the magazine to you, if your photos are included.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask. Know someone you think would make for a good interview subject for the photo issue? Get in touch!
Due date for submissions is October 1, 2009.
Email your photos to:
ATTN: Photo Issue
PO Box 460760
San Francisco, CA 94146-0760